Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Daily Schedule

Joining the linky party over at Simple 2nd Resources...

My schedule is always very busy...We have a very short day and a lot to cram in...I teach second grade.

Here is my Daily Schedule (I am a major planner...every minute of every day always has to be planned ahead.)

8:10 - Final Bell
8:20-9:20 - Writing Workshop
             - Mini Lesson (writing skills/strategies, etc.)
             - Quiet Ten (everyone writes including me)
             - Writing Time: editing, writing, publishing
9:20 - 9:35 - RECESS
9:40-10:00 - Board Math
10:00 - 10:10 - Math Fact Lessons or math review game/activity
10:10 - 11:10 - Math Workshop
        Three twenty minute rotations
            - Work With Teacher...lesson
            - Game/Activity (reviewing yesterdays new concept)
            - Worksheet Practice - review of skills
11: 10 - 12:00 LUNCH
12:10 - 12:45 - Theme, ELA Skills, etc.
12:45 - 1:45 Daily 5
1:45 - 2:05 - Go over hw, pack up, read aloud

I thought I would also share my lesson plan template...I have always used a lesson plan book, but it has never kept me organized...I always end up with little notes written everywhere and papers in piles between the pages...In May, I decided to try a template on my laptop (since I bring it to school every day anyways to use with my Smartboard). I loved it...I've already got all my blank templates saved on my comp for this year so I can start planning ahead as needed.  If you would like to see or use the template click on the image of it below. I'd be willing to share it with anyone, just e-mail me.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Did you read No More I'm Done? I saw you do a Quiet 10, so I was just wondering!

    Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did read No More I'm Done, and I really liked a lot of the ideas in it. I didn't read it until the end of the school year, so I am excited to see how it goes this year.Do you use it? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...