Thursday, July 28, 2011

First Day of School Activities

I'd love to hear what activities you do with your students on the first day of school. 
Link up below with one of your favorite activities or share your plans for the whole day. 
This year I created a small book for the first day/week of second grade. My students will write about themselves, the school, the classroom, and me (the teacher). I will use it to asses their writing. I also created an end of the year book (So Long Second Grade) with similar ideas. I will use that book at the end of the year to hopefully show them how much their writing has improved.
If you would like to check out the two books click here for the Welcome to Second Grade book and here for the So Long Second Grade book.

Megan



3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    2ndgradeponderings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your wonderful ideas. I am so happy to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice article and I am Obat Aborsi And Obat Telat Bulan very happy to meet with your blog, the articles are very interesting, thank you for share very amazing article and I wait for the next quality articles...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...